Hairdressing is an exciting career that offers many opportunities and is fueled by change. However, recent events have shown change is not always welcome and can test the industry we all love. It has made us reflect on how and where we work and if we may need to look ahead to our own future security.
Kenneth’s Salons and Day Spas was hit with the changes and restrictions as all were, but we are very proud of what we were able to do for our Kenneth’s family in these difficult times. Here are a few of the things we were able to offer:
- Furlough pay for our staff to help buffer the initial financial blow
- “Start-up pay” immediately upon returning to work
- Assistance in covering insurance payments
- Staff received pay from online retail sales during shutdown
- Coaching in navigating unemployment processes
- Daily video updates and coaching before, during, and after restrictions were in place
- PPE provided free of charge
- Sanitizing products formulated especially for Kenneth’s Salons and Spas
- Each location fitted with structural safety measures
- Scheduling handled from a phone center trained in compliance to standards
- Added personnel committed to screening and cleaning for the safety of our staff and clients
We also are proud that 98% of our staff immediately returned to work and have commented on the level of care and safety they feel upon their return.
We know we can provide opportunities for growth (and we are growing.) And we do pride ourselves on how we can train, inspire, and deliver a great place to work at one of the top salon organizations in the country.
Kenneth’s invites you to come and take a look at what we do. But more so, we want people to know that we take care of our own–our family. If you are looking for some positive change, a new opportunity, and a sense of security in your hairdressing career, please visit kenneths.com. We look forward to hearing from you!