Hemp and CBD products are gaining popularity around the United States, especially as sweeping legal changes are taking place. They are relatively easy to produce, do not have many adverse side effects, and their potential in the health market is continually growing. Last year, at the end of July, Ohio became one of the many states to allow products made from the hemp plant to be bought and sold. Recently, Kenneth’s Hair Salon and Day Spas has decided to add a full range of CBD products to our items for sale. These include tinctures, topical applications, and fun things like bath bombs.
Many different skincare regimens, plant superfood trends, and so-called miracle cures hit the wellness market once every decade or so. Most of them turn out to be fads -- but we are reasonably sure that CBD’s popularity will stand the test of time. Scientific studies have shown CBD’s full potential is only just starting to be tapped, and we’re excited to be part of this health sector growth opportunity.
Still not sure about using CBD? Here’s a little more about it, why so many people like it, and why you might want to give it a try.
What is CBD?
CBD is an acronym for a much longer, less attractive word. It refers to a component from the Sativa plant called cannabidiol. Ingesting parts of the Sativa plant can cause hallucinations of feelings of euphoria associated with what is popularly called a “high.” However, what causes the feelings associated with a high is the component tetrahydrocannabinol or THC. CBD is isolated from the other components of the hemp plant to provide the benefits associated with the plant without the mind-altering capabilities caused by THC and other components.
Why are CBD products so popular?
Ever since its rise in popularity in the 1960s counterculture, cannabis plants have been associated with health benefits (among other things). Other than hemp products’ ability to produce low-impact clothing, rope, and fibers, it also has been proven to help reduce symptoms associated with glaucoma, chronic pain, anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues. But it has only been in the past decade that the full potential of the plant has come to light.
In the past, we did not have the technology available to separate the components of cannabis plants from one another, so the only way to receive the benefits associated with the hemp plant was to ingest it in ways that included THC and CBD. This meant that you almost always became intoxicated from the THC levels within the plants. Now, it is possible to isolate CBD to ingest that component without the psychotropic side effects.
What are the benefits of using CBD products?
Sellers of CBD products have noted CBD’s ability to treat and alleviate side effects from all types of ailments. While many of these side-effects have been proven to be impacted by CBD use, CBD products are not to be used as a cure-all.
To date, scientists have been able to verify the following regarding the medicinal properties of CBD:
- CBD provides natural pain relief without the potential of liver damage caused by the overuse of NSAIDs.
- CBD has anti-inflammatory benefits, which have been proven to be helpful to those with chronic pain and diabetes.
- Drug withdrawals, including nicotine withdrawals and cravings, have been noted to be effectively treated with doses of CBD.
- Those with mood disorders have noticed symptom relief after using CBD regularly. These include those with anxiety, insomnia, depression, PTSD, OCD, panic disorder, and more.
- CBD has been shown to positively impact the social recognition deficit in those afflicted with Alzheimer’s disease. Researchers are continuing to do more work on how the component may help with the overall treatment of Alzheimer’s, and we have the popularity of CBD to help with that.
- Because acne is technically a form of inflammation, studies have shown that topical application of CBD might help with acne.
- CBD is currently being studied regarding its impact on cancer. Early studies have shown that it might have the ability to suppress cancer cell growth, which would prevent it from spreading throughout the body.
Kenneth’s Salon is focused on treating hair, skin, nails, and holistic/mental health as a part of bettering your health overall. This is why we offer many different types of CBD products to target various aspects of your overall health.
CBD Products available at Kenneth’s Salon
Our line of CBD products, Chakra Skin, is full of nutrients and medicinal properties to strengthen skin, body, and mind. Here are the products we have available:
- High potency, full-spectrum CBD tinctures at 500, 1000, 2000, and 4,000mg doses in melon, melon gum, and peppermint flavors.
- High potency isolate CBD tinctures, available in 1000mg doses in melon gum flavor.
- High potency CBD body bar, designed to increase blood flow and reduce swelling in targeted areas. Available in 500mg and 1000mg doses and Mountain Arnica, Sweet Rose, and Vanilla Coconut scent.
- Full-spectrum CBD lotion, for use all over the body, to increase blood flow, skin vitality, and moisturization. Unscented and available in 500mg and 1000mg doses.
- CBD gemstone rollers are an isolate. Like you might find from an essential oil roller, our CBD gemstone rollers are meant to help with stress relief, clarity, and more. Each roller has 200mg of CBD oil and is applied to stress points, such as the temples, wrists, forehead, and back of the neck. These are available in different scents.
- Clarity includes frankincense, sandalwood, and cinnamon
- Harmony includes lavender and peppermint
- Energy contains sweet orange and frankincense
- Tranquility includes lavender and peppermint
- Serenity includes lavender, cedarwood, and frankincense
- CBD Bath Bombs. Each bath bomb contains 100mg of CBD and is full of aromatherapeutic benefits. We carry Sweet Rose, Hawaiian Ginger, and Luscious Lavender scents.
Are you interested in learning more about how you might benefit from including CBD products in your self-care routine? Ask us about it at your next Kenneth’s Salon appointment, or browse our full line of products online. We have locations in Hilliard, Dublin, Grove City, Kingsdale, New Albany, Pickerington, Lewis Center, Powell, Westerville, Worthington, and Columbus, Ohio. We look forward to seeing you.