Find CBD Lotion, CBD Tinctures, CBD Bath Bombs, and More at Kenneth’s Hair Salons and Day Spas
Despite showing great promise for easing many illness symptoms, cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is yet to earn approval from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for over-the-counter use. Despite this, it’s still widely available for consumers, and many companies produce their own formulations.
However, not all CBD products are created equally. Only 31 percent of CBD products are correctly labeled. It’s up to you, the CBD buyer, to perform your own research to find a reputable brand to use, like Chakra Skin, which you’ll find at Kenneth’s Hair Salons and Day Spas locations around the Columbus, Ohio area.
Comparing CBD and THC
CBD is a cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant, as is tetrahydrocannabinol, more commonly called THC. Although they’re found in the very same plant, they couldn’t be more different! THC is the psychoactive compound that makes you feel high. CBD has no such effects.
Comparing Hemp and Marijuana Plants
Both hemp and marijuana plants are from the same genus, Cannabis, which grows as multiple species, such as Cannabis sativa ssp, Cannabis sativa, or Cannabis indica. The difference is that hemp plants that are cultivated for CBD products contain no more than 0.3 percent THC, and marijuana plants contain much more.
Some CBD is marijuna-derived and can have psychoactive effects; these products are mostly unavailable in the United States, with the exception of certain states. However, CBD and THC work well in tandem, easing symptoms more thoroughly than CBD alone. This is why many people who use CBD - 14 percent of Americans, according to a recent national survey - choose full-spectrum products, those that contain both CBD and trace amounts of THC. Full-spectrum products also contain compounds called terpenes and flavonoids, which are reported to improve overall health.
Of course, if you aren’t comfortable using a full-spectrum CBD product because of its THC content, CBD isolates are available and contain pure CBD only.
Get the Best Quality Flavored CBD Tinctures, CBD Lotions, and and CBD Bath Bombs
Reading the ingredient label of any CBD products you’re considering will give you a good idea of what you’ll find inside. Some products list CBD as “hemp extract,” but it means exactly the same thing.
However, products that don’t mention cannabidiol or hemp extract, and only list hemp seeds, hemp seed oil, or Cannabis sativa seed oil are not CBD products and don’t have the same health benefits.
CBD oils often include a carrier oil to preserve the CBD and allow your body to absorb it better. You might find carrier oils like grapeseed oil, MCT oil, cold-pressed hemp seed oil, or olive oil on the ingredients list. These are acceptable, as long as the ingredients also include CBD. CBD tinctures might also contain flavoring, usually natural essential oils, to make it more palatable.
Quality full-spectrum CBD products from the best CBD oil brands will come with a Certificate of Analysis (COA), which means its contents were independently verified by a third-party laboratory without a financial stake in the product. On the COA, look for:
- CBD and THC concentrations, and compare them to what’s listed on the label.
- Other cannabinoids and other compounds contained in the product, including cannabidiolic acid (CBDA), cannabinol (CBN), cannabigerol (CBG), and cannabichromene (CBD). These should be listed if you’ve purchased full-spectrum CBD or broad-spectrum CBD products.
- Analyses of heavy metals and pesticides, which are considered contaminants at certain levels. Look at the status column on the chart and ensure it says “pass.”
Chakra Skin CBD Tinctures and CBD Lotions at Kenneth’s
- CBD bath bombs are luxurious, vegan, and cruelty-free. Each is infused with 100mg of CBD Isolate, along with essential oils and other natural ingredients combined to create a therapeutic experience. Choose from scents like Hawaiian Ginger, Sweet Rose, and Luscious Lavender.
- Hemp body bars are moisturizing and target muscle and body pain. Simply massage it into the area where you’re experiencing pain, and you’ll begin to feel the natural relief. Body bars come in three scents and two strengths. Choose from scents including Vanilla Coconut, Sweet Rose, and Mountain Arnica.
- CBD gemstone rollers contain a specific gemstone and essential oil combination to promote wellness, while delivering the benefits of topical CBD. Apply this product to your forehead, temples, back of your neck, and your widow’s peak for best results. Choose from Tranquility, Clarity, Serenity, Harmony, and Energy.
- CBD lotion absorbs quickly while hydrating your skin. It can also fight inflammation and leave your skin feeling refreshed.
- CBD tinctures can alleviate symptoms like digestive issues, headaches, anxiety, sleeplessness, and body pain. Choose from High-Potency Full-Spectrum Tinctures in 2000mg or 1000mg concentrations in peppermint flavor or 2000mg or 4000mg concentrations in melon gum flavor; 1000mg High-Potency Isolate Tincture; or Full Spectrum Sleep Tincture in peppermint.
- CBD foot soak can relieve tired, sore feet by increasing blood flow and decreasing inflammation. Just add a ½ cup to warm water and relax!
- CBD isolate cuticle oil drops can repair damaged skin and heal cracks while moisturizing your cuticles and promoting healthy nail growth.
Where to Buy CBD Products in the Columbus, Ohio Ares
If you’re interested in trying CBD oils, or if you already use them and are looking to purchase them locally, Kenneth’s Hair Salons and Day Spas carries an extensive line of Chakra Skin CBD - a female-led company in Denver, Colorado - products.
You can order online and get curbside pick up for your tinctures, lotions, CBD gummies, and more, at our Mill Run, New Albany, Polaris Parkway, and Academy locations. Shop now.