Achieve Glowing Skin at Central Ohio Day Spas Near You
Each morning and evening, you follow a skin care routine to keep your face and neck looking healthy, smooth, and clean. You’ve found the perfect cleanser, serum, moisturizer, and masks for your skin, but you’re seeking perfection and looking for a way to pamper yourself, too. A facial at one of our Kenneth’s Hair Salons and Day Spas locations is a great way to treat yourself and help you reach your skin care goals.
If you need more convincing to call us to make a facial appointment, here are six great reasons to get a facial this summer.
Facials Deep-Clean Your Skin
Our licensed estheticians know exactly what your skin needs to stay beautiful and healthy. She will do a thorough consultation, and will deeply cleanse your skin. She will discuss not only recommendations for your visit, but she will advise you on ways to improve your skin care routine at home to extend your results even further.
You’ll leave your facial with every part of your face perfectly clean, gently exfoliated, and nourished -- especially good for skin with issues arising from summer heat and sun.
It’s so tempting to purchase extraction tools online or from the local beauty store and start using them to squeeze out blemishes from your face. But inappropriate techniques can cause scarring or the development of even more acne. A skilled esthetician knows how to properly do extractions without hurting your skin, and can tell the difference between regular sebum and blemishes.
When blemishes clog your pores, your skin can look dull, bumpy, and unhealthy. A professional facial helps smooth your skin by opening up your pores to remove dead skin cells, free radicals from the environment, and build-up from other comedogenic substances you may apply to your face during summer, like heavy sunscreens.
Spa Facials Improve Circulation and Plump Up Skin
The massage component of spa facials not only feels great, but it can improve blood circulation, too. Improved circulation increases the oxygen and nutrients carried through your veins, which leads to healthier skin cells.
Facials and facial massage can also promote collagen development, which makes your skin look younger and more supple. Gentle chemical peels, masks, packs, and other products used during a professional facial in Columbus, Ohio can also tighten your skin and reduce signs of aging. With improved elasticity, your skin looks more plump and youthful. In bright summer sun, it will be obvious for people to see that your skin is absolutely glowing!
Even Skin Tone and Reduce the Appearance of Acne Scars
Not only do the products your expert esthetician will apply to your face help fade your acne scars, they can also prevent new ones from forming by preventing breakouts. Salicylic acid products treat and prevent acne.
If you already have darkened spots from acne scars or an uneven skin tone for other reasons, such as slight hyperpigmentation or sun spots, a facial can help even out those spots to brighten your overall skin tone. Summer is a great time to find solutions for an uneven skin tone, because in the winter, you may not even be aware of discoloration! When you tan in the sun, however, they can become visible, making them more readily addressable.
Spa-Level Exfoliation Increases Your Skin’s Absorption
If your skin is rough with dead skin cells covering the surface, you may have found that your skin care components, and even your make-up, aren’t permeating your skin. If your skin isn’t absorbing products, then you can’t reap the benefits of them. When you regularly enjoy facials at Kenneth’s Hair Salons and Day Spas, you’ll find that your skin is smoother and more receptive to products.
Summer exfoliation is so important because we tend to get more of an oily build-up on our faces, from sweat, sunscreen, and outdoor activities. Revealing your bright skin just below all those dead skin cells leaves you with the perfect summer skin, ready to head out to the pool without makeup.
How Often Should I Get a Facial in Areas Like Hilliard or New Albany?
In Central Ohio, getting a facial regularly is not only a treat, but a necessity for keeping your skin looking healthy and bright. How often you get a professional facial depends on a few things, like:
- Your skin type
- The current condition of your skin compared to your skin care goals
- Your age
- Your budget
Let’s break down how each of these come in to play for facial frequency.
- Skin Type: If you have acne-prone, oily skin, a spa facial about once every four weeks will help clear your pores and aid in the skin rejuvenation process. If you have normal, combination, or dry skin, a less frequent facial schedule is fine.
- Your Skin Condition and Skin Care Goals: Listen to your esthetician and ask lots of questions about what your skin needs to look its best. Experienced estheticians can recommend a schedule of services to improve the quality of your skin. To reach your skin care goals, you should follow a good skin care regimen, including professional spa facials and other services from Kenneth’s, and quality products to protect your skin from future damage.
- Your age: As you age, your skin care routine will need some updating. Those updates include changes to the products you use, as well as more frequent skin treatments to stimulate the growth of healthy, new skin cells. Younger people’s skin naturally regenerates more quickly, especially if they do not have issues like breakouts.
- Your budget: Facial skin care is an investment in your overall health and wellness. But, if you’re limited to what you’re able to spend on it, your esthetician can help you design a plan by recommending products and scheduling you for a facial as the seasons change. Skin care on a budget can still be effective if you choose the right products and procedures.
Make a Facial Appointment at Kenneth’s Hair Salons and Day Spas
To get your skin looking its best, don’t wait until summer ends to make an appointment for a facial service. At Kenneth’s, we offer many incredible facial treatment options to help your skin glow from the inside out. Call us at 614-538-5800 to make your appointment today, or book your service online.