Give Your Skin a Boost with This Skin Brightening Treatment in Columbus, OH
With winter still hanging around, you may find your skin looking dull and dry. If this sounds like you, look no further than vitamin C serum - a favorite treatment for many day spas in Columbus, thanks to its anti-aging properties and its ability to give new life to a dull complexion. This supercharged vitamin gives us many reasons to add it to our beauty arsenal.
Vitamin C serums are widely available, making it easier than ever to add this muli-faceted vitamin to your daily regimen. Even though you may have vitamin C in your diet, there is no way to ensure it’s going straight to your skin - serums allow a direct way to reap the benefits it offers.
Benefits to using Vitamin C Serum
Vitamin C serum packs a powerful beauty punch. Just take a look at the below reasons to invest in getting routine skin brightening facials:
- Experience better skin hydration thanks to magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, one of the main vitamin C derivatives used in skin care. It’s been shown to have huge benefits for your skin, as it decreases water loss and helps your skin retain moisture.
- It’s safe for most skin types, which is good news for those of us that have sensitive skin. Vitamin C serum has a great safety profile and has been proven to cause little irritation when used over long periods of time. It can also be used in conjunction with other skin care products without risk of negative reactions.
- Vitamin C is known for reducing redness, fading dark spots, and offering a more even-toned complexion.
- It reduces fine lines and plumps out the skin, helping with those stubborn under eye circles.
- Applying vitamin C serum may also help with collagen production, which results in an overall tightening effect on your skin.
- Vitamin C is rich in antioxidants, protecting our skin from pollution, ultraviolet light, and free radicals.
Invest in a Routine Vitamin C Facial
As you can see, there are many reasons why a vitamin C serum is a must-have in your medicine cabinet. Other than using it regularly at home, another great way to introduce yourself to the incredible benefits of vitamin C would be to try out a vitamin C facial given by one of our beauty care experts. At any of our day spas in Columbus, you can try our Firming Vibrant C facial. The winter months can dry out your skin even more than usual, especially with our harsh Ohio winters, which is why it’s a great time to invest in the best skin brightening treatments.
The Vibrant C facial gives you that youthful firmness and enhances your natural glow. Investing in your skin health will not only make your skin happy, but will boost your confidence knowing you're taking care of your body and reaping all the benefits vitamin C offers.
How to Incorporate Vitamin C Serum Into Your Daily Routine
It’s clear there are many benefits to using vitamin C, but it’s also equally important knowing the best way to use this powerful serum. Since it protects us from so many external factors, the best time to apply the serum is in the morning, rather than before bed. If you use other skin care products, it’s best to go from thinnest to thickest in consistency when applying any products. Below is a sample skin care schedule you might follow each morning:
Step 1 - Wash your face
Step 2 - Apply toner (make sure it’s appropriate for your skin type)
Step 3 - Apply vitamin C serum (any excess product can be used on your neck and décolletage)
Step 4 - Apply moisturizer
Step 6 - Apply sunscreen
Step 7 - Apply makeup
Get Optimal Results that Fit Your Budget
For the best results, you should use your vitamin C serum daily. Dermatologists say that visible results - such as seeing a difference in skin tone and fading dark spots - can show in about four to six weeks of incorporating vitamin C serum into your daily schedule. It’s also important to remember that weekly skin exfoliation can help prevent product buildup and keep your skin looking fresh.
Vitamin C should be in everyone’s beauty cabinet regardless of age or skin type. There are so many options on the market to find the best serum that fits your budget. While there are numerous face masks, toners, mists, and moisturizers to choose from, the most efficient way to deliver this antioxidant is with a targeted serum. When investing in a bottle, check the label on the back and look for “pure” to be listed. So much goodness is packed into a bottle that your skin will thank you for it in the long run.
Get Your Glow On
To experience the best skin treatments in Columbus, book an appointment online at one of our Kenneth’s Salons & Spas locations. Enjoy a relaxing yet revitalizing facial to get a jumpstart on incorporating this must-have antioxidant into your everyday routine.